Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A White Swan for Valentine's Day

I've posted something for almost every Valentine's day since I've started this blog.  It's hard to believe a year has already passed since I made These.  Sadly last years Valentine's chocolates never made it to their destination.  I have no idea what happened to them after I left them in the what I thought to be capable hands of the USPS.  Guess I was wrong.  I hope someone enjoyed them and they are not rotting in customs limbo somewhere.

This Valentine's Day is the first I have to got spend with MY Valentine.   Of course that called for something special.  A friend from work had been wanting to learn how to make Pate a choux and also wanted to make something for her Valentine as well.  So Valentine's day morning we got together and made these:




We even had enough to share with some coworkers the following day.  One coworker commented on how "old school" they were.  Yes I hadn't made them since I was in culinary school, but they still produce the ooohs and awwwhs just the same.  They looked elegant and tasted even better.  We hid some chopped Strawberries and Raspberries inside some of them, and we spiked the Creme Chantilly with a little bit of Calvados.  Wouldn't you feel special if you got one as a Valentine?

The rest of my Valentine's day was spent preparing a delicious dinner for my husband with recipes and inspirations from one of my favorite cook books.  It started with a Artichoke Bruschetta, followed by an Arugula salad with Pine nuts and Avocado.  I made Lamb Steak with a Rosemary Red Wine sauce and we finished with a pair of Cream puff swans and Moelleux au chocolate with fresh Strawberry sauce and of course- more Creme Chantilly. 

Hope you had a sweet Valentine's day as well.

No comments: