Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Very Merry Belated Christmas and Happy New Year Wish

The last month of the year already has enough going on with Christmas and New Years, but throw in trying to settle into a new apartment in a new Country, starting a new job, celebrating your husband's 30th birthday, and meeting lots of new extended family (most who speak very little English), you might understand why I haven't posted much lately.  I've also been doing a LOT of baking at home.  

Now finally back in Paris from our holiday travels to the north of France, I've found a quite moment to share few photos of this holiday season and some reflections on a very busy 2010 with you.

Now that's my kind of Christmas Tree

 
Definitely looks a lot like Christmas

 Christmas Cake for a friend

Chocolate Mousse and Red Berries Charlotte

I am yet again amazed to look back on this year and see how far I'm come.  If you had asked me 10 years ago where I thought I'd be today, I don't think I would have had any idea.  Completion and graduation from a great culinary program, an amazing summer stage at Laduree and now finally living in Paris with the most special person in my life and finally being able to share everything with him, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Let this be a reminder to all of you, that dreams do come true, you just got to get out there and chase them and don't let anyone tell you it can't happen. 

Wishing you all good health, delicious desserts, magical moments and dreams coming true in 2011!
         
          -Jenni

3 comments:

hckygrl said...

Jenni, I'd love to hear more about the Charlotte you made. Just today I was trying to figure out a chocolate mousse, pear charlotte. Any suggestions?

Alisa said...

What a lovely post.Dreams do come true to everyone who continue to work hard and believe in it.You have a lovely blog and I wish you and the rest of the Foodista family a wonderful year too!Cheers!

JenniDoesDessert said...

I'm working on a sort of tutorial. Keep checking, it will be up soon.
Thanks for stopping by.
-Jenni