Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Paris is a Little Bit Different This Time

 Cold Day in Paris

It the first time I've been in Paris at this time of year, and it's cold!  People are bundled up in their winter coats, scarves and hats. The sky is often cloudy and gray, and we have even had a few snow showers.   There are Christmas lights and decorations all over the city.  The Avenue de Champs-Elysees has been transformed into Santa's village including little huts for artisans to sell their goods.  You can also buy a cup of Vin Chaud to warm you up as you stroll.
Lights on the Champs-Elysees
 
I think the biggest difference is personal this time.  I look at Paris a little differently now that I know I am staying here, no more leaving in 3 months.  I now have a husband and my name may be changing soon as well.  People have already been calling me "Madame Lepoutre".


A Very Important Day with Much Celebration to Follow
 
I feel it is time to make some changes to my blog.  I'm looking for a new focus and possibly a new name.  It won't change completely, just looking to make some improvements.  I'm open to suggestions; what would you like to see/read more of?  I definitely plan to keep it food centered of course, and mostly pastry. 

Wishing you warm holidays ahead!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the name, don't change it!