Friday, October 2, 2009

Pastry Chef for a Night

As promised, and in case anyone was waiting to decide if they were going to trek out to Cambridge based on my menu, here is what I have planned. I have been given the green light on two desserts. Drum roll.......

Chocolate Pear Tart with Sweet Cinnamon Ice Cream

Fresh Pumpkin Pot de Creme with a Toasted Hazelnut Tuile.


I'm sad to say I have not eaten at EVOO yet, but it is one of the restaurants on my ever growing list of places to try. Peter, the owner, is a very friendly and takes what he is doing serious. During our meeting on Wednesday, when I decided I wanted to serve Pumpkin Pot de Creme as one of my dessert, Peter picked up the phone and called his local farm to inquire about getting a fresh squash for me to use. I love that they are focusing on local and seasonal foods. It's a growing trend in restaurants and I applaud it. Their menu looks fantastic and I do intend to have dinner there very soon.

Hope to see some of you Saturday at EVOO!

A special thanks to my two awesome roommates who have put up with me taking over the kitchen for hours at a time and have kindly taste tasted many versions of my desserts, consumed large quantities of sugar and butter, and provided invaluable feedback. You are the best!

1 comment:

Faith Bahadurian said...

Hope your desserts, which sound wonderful, went over well at EVOO! Many years ago I was in Cambridge with a friend for a Share Our Strength conference, and my friend and I selected EVOO (off a list of Taste of the Nation participants I'm thinking) for a dinner on our own. It was a fabulous meal, especially for my friend who had not really been exposed to contemporary/creative fine dining before. We loved everything, and while I haven't been to the Boston area since, if I do get up there, that's the first place on my mind!