Monday, September 21, 2009

See Jenni Bake

Making Moelleux au Chocolate at Le Cafe du Commerce

Coming to a restaurant near you......

Upon my return to school, I signed up for a chance to participate in a program called, "Pastry Chef for a Night", that is arranged through the CSCA. A local restaurant agrees to host a student chef for an evening. The student creates a few desserts for the restaurant to serve and then they work at the restaurant for the evening preparing and plating the desserts. Students are not eligible to sign up till they are in their second semester at the CSCA. I am now a second semester student, and with my working experience in Paris under my belt, I figured I was ready. When I got the email announcing my name had been draw for the next event, my first thought was, "oh crap".

I've pulled myself together, spoke with the owners of the restaurant, am in the midst of testing my recipes and I'm feeling pretty good. This means, if you are dying to try some of my desserts, well you now have an oppurtunity. Here are the details:

Pastry Chef for a Night at EVOO
Saturday October 3rd, 2009
EVOO Restaurant

I will post my menu after I have met with the chef, but expect some fall inspired, warm and spicy desserts.

In other news, I have said my farewell to the world of retail and Sur La Table. It was wonderful working with the crew there. I had a lot of great interactions with the food loving customers. I'll definitely be back to shop in the future. I have accepted a new part time job at Crema Cafe as a pastry cook. I'm very excited to be joining the staff at this great and innovative place. If you stop by, you won't see me, I'll be busy working behind the scene; but try the food, it's all made on premise and great!



1 comment:

Kristen said...

You are amazing!!! Congrats on the new job, and I know you're going to rock EVOO on the 3rd!