Friday, August 14, 2009

Moelleux Remix

Orange Moelleux Test 1

Look out Mayonnaise, I might have a new summer obsession; but if you have taken the time and tried the Moelleux au Chocolate recipe, (as I have suggested) you might understand why I am so taken with this dessert. The cafe staff seems to be just as charmed because it was requested by Olivier (Quentin's supervisor) as the dessert du jour for yesterday.

When I arrived in the kitchen yesterday, Quentin was busy slicing orange supremes.
"Q'est que c'est pour.....?" I asked. He then explained that Olivier wanted us to put slices of orange in the middle of the Moelleux before we baked them. We tested one out and were satisfied with the results. Apparently Olivier was also; Quentin said his only word when tasting the "test" Moelleux, was WOW. We then prepared a nice Creme Anglaise and an Orange sauce to serve with the Moelleux. Adding orange slices to the Moelluex got me thinking about other additions I could make. Cherries? Spices? Caramel? Not only is this recipe simple and amazingly delicious, but it's turning out to be quite versatile also. I hope you are not tired of hearing about the Moelleux because chances are, it will be back again, just in a different form.

My time is slowly winding down at the Cafe. My flight to Boston leaves Paris on September 2nd. I will work for the Cafe for another week or two and then take a few days to enjoy some time to myself in the city before I have to say goodbye. A few more patisseries and chocolate shops I need to visit. Surprisingly, I have not been back to Pierre Herme since I've been here this summer, and I love his Macarons. I'm sure there are some new and inventive flavors to be discovered. I might just have to take a trip there this weekend. So no worries, there are still a few more blog posts to be written from Paris.

Orange Supreme Moelleux

P.S. the link for the recipe is Here

No comments: