Saturday, June 6, 2009

Jenni in Paris

This might have to be my temporary new blog name for the summer......

I have been very fortunate this year. I may have mentioned this in previous blogs, but I don't think it can be said enough how blessed and lucky I feel. Some very wonderful and magical things have been happening in my life. And I owe much thanks to several special people.

The latest blessing I have received is an invitation to spend the summer in Paris. During my visit in March, I visited the Cafe du Commerce and had a gracious tour of the restaurant and kitchen. The cafe is owned and run by the uncle of a Romain's good friend Remi. Shortly after I had returned home, Romain mentioned he had talked with the owner and there was a possibility I could come work at the Cafe making pastries for the summer. We are now in the process of setting up my internship. Romain has once again kindly offered to let me stay with him (of course the usual agreement stands, I will do some cooking for him and his roommate). Check out Le Cafe du Commerce here.

I am very excited. Ok, that really doesn't describe it at all, let's say ecstatic. It feels like my dreams are coming true right before my eyes. A summer in Paris; working and learning, and spending time with some lovely people. And this time when I cook dinner for Romain and his friends, I won't forget the bread.

I leave June 19th. I will be taking my camera and computer of course, and will try to update here as much as possible about all my adventures and expeirences.

Espresso cups at Les Deux Moulins

2 comments:

Eric Brown said...

Congrats. This sounds exciting and I am envious. What an opportunity!

Unknown said...

Hey Jenni!

You are lovely and awesome! I loved your energy at the moment I met you! Hey Love enjoy your trip to Paris and ...don't forget about our "agreement" :) I will send you my photos! :)
Cannot wait to go for dinner and dance salsa with you and your friends before you take off! :)

Yelena