Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Je vais a Paris

A week or so ago, I alluded to some exciting news. I have been so busy that I haven't gotten around to sharing it. I'm guessing that most of you may know already from the title of this post, but for those of you who need brushing up on your French: I'M GOING TO PARIS! (I'm just a little excited). I have been wanting to visit Paris for a long time. As I started reading some food blogs by Paris natives and American expats in Paris, I started wanting it even more. Now that I am learning to make so many French based pastries in school, it only seems appropriate.

This was kind of planned before I lost my job. I had originally planned to go to Paris for 2 weeks at least. Rent a small studio and take some local cooking courses and maybe even a class or two at Le Cordon Bleu. Then my job went south.... but of course my desire to go did not lessen. Thankfully I had a week of vacation time that was not used up before I was laid off, and my company paid me for it. My school takes a Spring break in March for 1 week. My friend Romain has graciously agreed to let me crash at his apartment in the 15th and offered himself up as my personal tour guide. I, in return, have agreed to cook for him during my visit. He has a serious sweet tooth.

I am making a list of places to see and things to do. For anyone who has already visited Paris, please send me suggestions. I leave March 4th, so I have some time to plan still. I have two fears about this trip; 1. Even with an entire week to explore, I'm afraid I'm going to miss something. (ask me about the Rosetta stone in London). 2. I'm more afraid I'm not going to want to come back. I have often felt more at home when traveling abroad, then here in America where I was born and raised.

Well, at least I will have to come back to finish pastry school. I can't make any promises after that. Oh, and there will be lots of photos and food stories to share, I'm sure of that!

A bientot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenni everything looks and sounds sooo good!! Very proud of you!!

Momma Portner