Monday, January 12, 2009

New toys...er, uh tools.

I made it through 4 days at Sur La Table and then I broke down.....and spent some money.

A few weeks ago when making the snowflake cake, I snapped the handle of my cheap spatula in half while folding egg whites into a butter cake mix. Just this week I have been begging my friend Hong to cook for me. (He is an amazing cook, need I say more?) We came to a deal: I have to make crepes for him and he will cook his secret recipe pork dish for me. So I needed to buy a few things.

Nice new 800 degree resistant silicon spatulas (red), a crepe pan and a few other odds and ends that were already on clearance. With my generous employee discount, the grand total came to just over $34.oo. Not bad considering the crepe pan originally sells for almost that alone. I spend more than that on a sushi dinner.

This purchase and starting school tomorrow should hold me over for a while. Besides next week in my seminar class I get a shiny new Wusthof chefs knife to go with the others that came in my student kit. I think I'm in love.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Have an *awesome* first day of school today!!! I can't wait to hear all about it. I don't know how you went that long without buying anything at Sur la Table ... you've got some willpower!! :)