Saturday, January 24, 2009

Love of Pavlova

Fresh Berry Pavlova


I've admired Pavlova's from afar. I found a recipe for this one in one of my cookbooks. I always thought it looked really pretty and wanted to try it. Some of my girlfriends planned a girls' night this week, and of course I offered to bring dessert. The catch was I had to bring something sort of healthy. I was thinking of something fruit based and the Pavlova popped into my head.

This dessert is surprisingly simple to prepare. It is built on a base of meringue, topped with fresh whipped cream, and then fresh berries or fruit of your choice. It looks very elegant and the taste is sublime. My girlfriends were quite impressed.

I'm already thinking of variations, maybe a strawberry topped one with a dusting of chocolate shavings. Or I could add some cacao powder to the meringue to make a chocolate base. The possibilities are limitless, and I'm going to have to explore them further.


1 comment:

Natasha said...

this was super tasty!! :)