Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Baby Cake for Maria


I received good reviews about the Van Gogh cake. My sister Maria asked me to make a sunflower cake for her. So the next cake in my baby cakes series is for her. Same yellow cake as Elizabeth's, but with all almond buttercream and the flower is made from fondant. I won't be eating this one for you because my roommate has asked for it, but maybe she will let me have a few bites.

I still have about 4 undecorated baby cakes. Feel free to send me ideas, or let me know if you want me to create a baby cake for you. It may be hard to tell from the photo, but the reason I call them baby cakes, is because they are small 2" diameter cakes that stand only about 3" tall, and are just enough for one person, or possibly for two to share. I love miniature desserts.

On Another note: Orientation tonight was great. A lot of the students are coming from similar situations; not happy with their current job or have been laid off, have always loved cooking and figured now was the time to change. I'm excited to be around so many people who are just as passionate about food as I am, that they are ready to make it their life.

AND my patience paid off. I got to bring my books, uniform and student kit home with me tonight. Probably 3olbs plus of stuff total. There will be pictures posted soon. I'm ready to get started.

No comments: