Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Death by Chocolate
































































I suppose this is the best possible way to end a baking class. I'm sad that the classes are done, and now I must wait till I can afford to take the next classes in the series. We made cakes last night, from scratch. I went with the chocolate cake recipe and the chocolate buttercream icing. I've made plenty of icing for my cake decorating class, so far no chocolate buttercream. Let me warn you, this icing is addicting.

The cake recipe turned out with a nice texture and good flavor. Once the cakes were cooled, we iced them. I got to impress my fellow classmates with some of the icing techniques I've already learned.

Both cakes were soaked with a frambois simple syrup, filled with a raspberry chocolate buttercream and then frosted with regular chocolate buttercream.
I hope looking at the photos and not being able to actually taste the cake doesn't kill you.

No comments: