Thursday, November 13, 2008

Call for help.


I've been receiving much praise and encouragement from everyone lately. I really appreciate the support and the obliging taste testers. Many people have said, 'oh you need to open a bakery', or 'you should do this full time', ect. Believe me, it crosses my mind, even more so as I try new things and receive great reviews. It has always been a dream somewhere in the back of my head, and is now seeming very much in reach.

A coworker today commented that a fund should be started to send me to more cooking classes, and who ever contributes would get to vote on what kind of class I should take and get to eat the results. I'd be more than game for this. But I'm not here to ask for money. I'm going to ask for your help in a much more, well enjoyable way and less-expensive-than-paying-for-culinary-school way. Here is how you can help me succeed and share in the results of my trials.

Next time you need a cake, a pie, a dessert and you start to think, 'oh I'll just stop at the market and pick something up', STOP! Call me and tell me what you need. I will only ask that you contribute to the cost of the supplies (which in most cases is going to be much less than the cost of that less than exciting dessert you're going to end up with from the local grocery). This is going to be a benefit to both of us. I will get practice on making the cake, decorating it, and baking to suit someone elses tastes. You will get the freshest and best possible dessert for a small cost. So, what do ya think?

I really need to improve my skills, cause I may have promised to make a friend's wedding cake for them as their wedding gift......thankfully I don't think they've set the date yet. :-)

No comments: