Tuesday, November 18, 2008

4th Annual Fall Feast



I love to cook, I'm sure that is pretty obvious, but the thing I love more than just cooking, is mixing good friends and cooking. Four years ago I decided to host a dinner party at my tiny apartment in Dedham. The menu I planned included Raspberry glazed chicken, potato spinach and gruyere souffles, a green salad with bacon, eggs, tomato, avacado and blue cheese, and for dessert- chocolate whisky cake and my apple pie topped with a pecan crumb topping.

It was probably one of the most successful parties I have hosted and also the most exhausting. By the time it was over, my friends were full, satisfied and raving about the food, and I felt I had spent the entire night in the kitchen and had very little time to talk with my guests. I started a tradition that year, that I dare say my friends look forward to each year.

This year I wised up a bit. Having a smaller kitchen than my previous apartment, and wanting to be able to enjoy the evening a little more, I decided to make it a potluck this year. I prepare two main entrees and my friend didn't hesistate to fill in with side dishes, desserts and drinks. The food was great and the company was even more wonderful as always. It always feels so appropriate to host this in the fall near Thanksgiving because in a way, it's my Thanksgiving with my friends; I'm thankful to have such good friends to share my cooking talents with.

This years menu items prepared by me:
Rosemary and lemon roast chicken
Braised Beef Shoulder Roast

and I couldn't resist, I made a pumpkin praline tart too.















No comments: