Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Now with a few less weeds









With the help of Philip, I managed to tame some of the weeds in the garden last weekend. I stopped by to take these photos and was pleased to see how my peas are just a mess of purpley-pink blossoms, and I discover my first wax bean! I also found a few more suprises growing in my garden. My day lilies have broken through and a small patch of mushrooms crept up by the fence.

My lettuce is bolting and its now time to find some summer lettuce varieties and re-seed. My yellow "Jerry" tomato has a few blossoms and one of the zucchinis has tiny buds developing too. The nice warm weather and frequent, to almost regular rain showers are boding well for the little garden. I hope to spend some more time during my 3 day Independence Day weekend tidying up a bit and hopefully planting some lettuce, carrots and bunching onions.

No comments: